Welcome to Princess Canopy Beds

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What happened to chidren's furniture?

Please visit our web site at: www.princesscanopybeds.com

The reason for this entry is that when we first started with our company about 7 yrs ago, ran into a complication with what my wife Jo (Joanna), calls "cute" kids stuff. Her concept of cute obviously is more refined than mine, especially when it comes to kids stuff. Nevertheless, we were stumped when trying to find that right "transition bed" for our little princess Miriam.

side note: My beautiful daughter Miriam, who happens to be our model for our web site www.princesscanopybeds.com , is our inspiration for our children's furniture business.

Anyway, that perfect "transition bed", that is-the bed that proceeds a crib-which usually for kids means twin size, couldn't fit in our daughters room. Our first house was a 40's home that had the smallest rooms known to man kind. My daughters room, the smallest of all the rooms, couldn't accommodate a twin size bed without hogging all her limited room space. This meant that all the cool bedroom sets that are available at places like Rooms To Go, coundn't fit her room.

There's a cliche that goes,"necessity is the mother of all invention", and to us at that time it was more than true. Therefore, with some freebe wood that I had taking space in my garage, I embarked on what has morphed into www.princesscanopybeds.com, but at the time it was just a needed bed for my daughters small room. The coolest thing about our humble beginnings was that the design of our first princess bed, again being humble, was perfect. What I mean is, that the initial design from the first prototype to what we sell today has changed very little.Needless to say, I have quit my day job to oversee operations in our company, and much to our surprise it has been astonishingly successful.

No comments: